Tuesday 16 June 2009

Fedora wearing Biggins reviews All the way


Andy Behrens has not only caused my sun burnt arms,legs and toes but also two weeks of waiting by the door for the postman. About a month ago I saw Sex Drive a truly spectacular and hilarious film, then I found out it was based on a book. Obviously I just had to buy the book however this book can not be found in the UK let alone in Swansea (famous for having the most teen pregnancies in Britain. Impressed?) Fortunately you can buy anything on the internet and I found a copy for £1.84 ( with a £4.96 postage charge, I hate amazon.) The only problem was the only one I could find was in Canada, which is approximately 3600 miles from Swansea. Now I understand that Canada's far away but i could have walked to Canada and back to Swansea quicker than the book took to fly here. I had too wait two weeks!

The book did eventually get here and it was well worth the wait. The 216 page book was read in three hours. Admittedly this book is a bit of a romantic comedy which is not really my normal book choice (im more of a Stephen King/David Gemell kind of guy) but this has just become one of my favorite books of all time. The story is about three friends on a road trip across 1,870 miles because a girl promised sex to Ian if he came and saw here before she left for Spain. Now I know this book sounds like another one of those oh-so-similar-teen-comedies but its really a lot more interesting and funny than the normal teen comedy. The funniest most intriguing aspect of this book is the various characters you have the main characters Ian (the geek who has never had a girlfriend), Lance (the guy who gets all the girls) and Felicia (the moral compass of the group) the interaction of the three friends had my sides hurting from laughing. The real comedy is provided by the outside characters such as the hillbilly who catches Lance with his girlfriend and the policeman who pulls them over for speeding . This book is a must buy if you need a good laugh, I have honestly never laughed so hard while reading. In fact I enjoyed this book that I have now read it four times and have only had it or three days. In fact I would be reading it now but if I sit in the sun my skin hurts, so go buy the book but spend four hours on the beach reading it or for that matter your garden, my garden or the park because you will end up with severely burnt arms,legs and toes. By the way the book is called "All The Way" and was written by the skilled Andy Behrens (who is responsible for my sun burnt flesh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment