Wednesday 17 June 2009

Superman issue #688 reviewed


Now let me make one thing clear "Superman" is my favorite superhero but the problem with the Superman title at the moment is it is lacking in superman. Thats an understatement Superman is simply not in the Superman title at the moment. This dear readers infuriates me, now i can see the appeal of the Mon-el and The guardian. I understand the that the fact that Mon-el is dying and that adds to his character, I even kind of like The guardian however Mon-el is not Superman. IF this was the Mon-el comic I would thoroughly enjoy it but it is not. I pay two pounds every fortnight for a Superman comic not for a Mon-el comic. Aside from the fat that superman is not in the Superman title, I'm actually quite enjoying this story. The fact that Mon-el is dying adds greatly to his character as does his loyalty towards Superman. I also rather like the Mon-el/guardian friendship (Its rather similar to the Batman/Superman friendship.) The Science police are rather uninteresting to me, maybe its my lack of knowledge about them, maybe there just uninteresting but to be honest i don't see what they offer the story. I maintain however that while the story is good the need to give Mon-el his own title and bring Superman back into play!

No comments:

Post a Comment