Friday 13 November 2009

Fedora wearing Biggins reviews Dan in real life


There's rightness in our wrongness. Now you've all seen Steve Carell in films like Anchorman, Bruce almighty and get smart and we know that he is a fairly hilarious guy. Dan in real life was really very funny but it also ha a very realistic feel to it, Dan was just an average guy in a some what average situation. This film could easily happen in real life, all the characters and events in the film were very easy to relate to. This means that you can really connect and relate to Dan's story.

My problem with this film was how awkward some moments were and I don't mean the writing or the acting but how awkward some of the situations were. I hate awkward moments in real life and when I see it in a film I tend to pause it to prepare myself for the awkwardness but maybe thats just me. The supporting cast was also really very convincing and showed great realism in their portrayals. I find the movies poster best describes this film "Its confusing, Its awkward, Its family." Although I would add to that very funny and a great film.

This film was really rather good and it was good to see that Steve Carell can pull of a serious role as well as his usually silly comedy. But what was most surprising for me about this film was just how much of a tear jerker it was. I was expecting a mediocre family comedy with a predictable and boring story line. I was pleasantly surprised by th emotional depth of the film. It had me a man who doesn't cry pretty chocked up towards the end. I can guarantee that this film will beat your expectations, Impress you and relate to you and your life. All in all a great film 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment